Get to Know Me
Kody Barrett, MD, is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in complex and minimally invasive spine surgery.
Dr. Barrett’s areas of expertise include spinal stenosis, disc herniation, radiculopathy, spondylolisthesis, artificial disc placement, cervical myelopathy, spinal deformity, spine trauma, and revision surgery. He is trained in cutting edge surgical technologies and advanced minimally-invasive surgical (MIS) techniques, which have been shown to improve recovery times and allow patients to resume normal life more quickly. He has a special interest in tubular assisted microdecompression and artificial disc replacement, which can be an effective, motion-preserving alternative to many fusion surgeries.
He has authored over 25 scientific works and has presented his work at national and international spine conferences. He provides a thoughtful and individualized approach to all of his patients, ensuring that both surgical and non-surgical options have been fully explored. His main goal, regardless of the treatment, is to ensure that patients receive excellent spine care and get back to living their normal, healthy and active lifestyle.
Outside of the operating room, Dr. Barrett enjoys playing sports like basketball, volleyball and golf; traveling and scuba diving with his wife; and most importantly, spending time with his daughter, Sophia.
- BA – University of Southern California, Los Angeles CA
- MD – Keck School of Medicine at USC, Los Angeles CA
- Harbor UCLA Orthopedic Residency, Los Angeles CA
- San Diego Spine Foundation Spine Fellowship, San Diego CA
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons – Spine
- Member, North American Spine Society (NASS)
Surgery Center & Hospital Affiliations
- Edmonds Center for Outpatient Surgery
- Proliance Center for Outpatient Spine and Joint Surgery
- Swedish Medical Center – Edmonds
Medical Specialty/Area of Focus
Orthopedic Surgery – Minimally invasive and complex spine surgery