Get to Know Me
Geoffrey L. Tyson, MD, is board certified in anesthesiology, pain medicine and addiction medicine. He specializes in interventional pain management including spinal cord stimulation systems. He and his team consult with the patient and each patient’s referring physician to develop an individualized treatment plan.
Prior to founding Northwest Pain Management Associates, he held positions with several hospital-based anesthesia groups and emergency medicine departments. He also served on the clinical faculty in anesthesiology at Harvard Medical School. His training includes: fellowship in cardiac anesthesiology at the University of Washington School of Medicine; residency in anesthesiology at Duke University School of Medicine; internship in general surgery at Swedish Hospital; internship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.
Dr. Tyson enjoys skiing, sailing and flying. He has dual US and French citizenship and speaks French fluently.
- BA, Reed College, Portland, OR
- MBA, Joint Executive Program at Columbia Business School, Columbia University, New York, NY and Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, CA
- MD, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Anesthesiology, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC
- Cardiac Anesthesiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- Pain medicine, Jon Olson, MD, Edmonds, WA
- Member, American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Fellow, American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Member, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Member, International Spinal Intervention Society
- Member, North American Neuromodulation Society
- Clinical faculty member (former), cardiovascular and thoracic anesthesiology, Harvard Medical School
- Clinical faculty member (former), Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington
Surgery Center & Hospital Affiliations
- Edmonds Center for Outpatient Surgery
- Swedish Medical Center
- Proliance Center for Outpatient Spine and Joint Surgery