Dan Nelson, MD
Get to Know Me
Dr. Nelson, one of the most established interventional pain physicians in Western Washington, grew up in the Puget Sound area and was an honors and Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of Washington. He went to medical school at the University of Southern California and completed his internship and residency in anesthesiology at USC-L.A. County Hospital Medical Center, where he was elected chief resident. He subsequently completed fellowship training in Interventional Pain Medicine and established the Pain Management program at Desert Hospital in Palm Springs, California.
After returning to the Pacific Northwest in 1993, Dr. Nelson joined the Evergreen Hospital medical staff and founded the Pain Medicine department there, as well as establishing one of the first full spectrum independent pain medicine clinics in the area. He is a founding member and Director-at-Large of the Washington Society of Interventional Pain Physicians. On multiple occasions, he has been invited to be a guest lecturer at the University of Washington Pain Medicine Fellowship program and has been actively involved in teaching medical students, physician assistants and physical therapists. He has also served as a consultant and speaker to a variety of organizations. Dr. Nelson has extensive experience in stem cell therapy for arthritis and musculoskeletal injuries as well as minimally invasive treatment for spinal stenosis. Tune in to hear Dr. Nelson on his live radio segment, “Conquering Your Pain” every Saturday from 11 a.m. to noon on KTTH 770AM.
In his off time, Dr. Nelson enjoys spending time with his family along with hiking, biking, golfing, skiing and mountain climbing. He is active in Climb for Captives and Rescue Freedom International, an organization working on behalf of victims of human trafficking.
- BS, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- MD, USC Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- Anesthesiology, LA County + USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Interventional Pain Medicine, LA County + USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Member, American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Founding member and Director-at-large, Washington Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Member, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Member, International Spinal Intervention Society
- Member, North American Neuromodulation Society
Surgery Center & Hospital Affiliations
- Evergreen Hospital Medical Center
- Evergreen Hospital Medical Center Outpatient Surgery
- Overlake Hospital Medical Center
- Overlake Hospital Medical Center Outpatient Surgery
- Proliance Center for Outpatient Spine and Joint Surgery